It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My thoughts of victory were...

SMASHED!

I'm not over being sick and now it's back....with a vengeance.

So I finally decided that three weeks of trying to fight the battle myself was a battle well fought but I was defeated none the less. I went to the Doctor this morning.

First off, it PISSES ME OFF when I don't actually SEE the Doctor yet I have to PAY as if I did. OK, so I saw him for like 3.2 seconds - only AFTER the damn medical student decided to try to KILL ME!

First she almost poked a hole in my brain as she was digging, I mean looking, in my already sore ears. Then she was asking me all these questions that were totally unrelated to why I was at the doctors office this morning. Like, do I have trouble urinating or use chewing tobacco? Well, I guess I never really thought about the correlation between a sinus infection and/or bronchitis and whether or not I can pee...or if I use chewing tobacco.

Then she diagnosed me with a sinus infection and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. Amoxicillin. Hello!?! Brain Trust?!? I just TOLD YOU I'M ALLERGIC TO PENECILLIN!!!!! Get it?!? AmxoCILLIN....PeneCILLIN....yep! Same thing - allergic! Told you twice! Two seconds before you handed me the script.

And then she was all freaked out, didn't know what to give me instead of something with "cillin" at the end of it. Apparently she's never heard of the Z-Pak. Had she looked in my chart she would have seen that it's what I always get. Damn idiot. As if a sinus infection isn't bad enough she thought I needed a heaping helping of anaphalactic shock on the side.

NOT a happy camper!

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Medical student....hope it wasn't my ex girlfriend.

I always had you pegged as a tobacco chewer. LOL!

Frightening that she ignored your allergies. Guess the all have to learn but it's sad that it had to be at your expense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home