It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Enough is enough already!!!

Apparently my body has been trying to tell me something the last couple weeks and I've either been to stupid to realize it or to busy to care. So, Tuesday I was slapped with a wicked sore throat as a wake up call to pay attention. So now I feel like I swallowed a brillo pad and a cotton ball soaked in goo that has lodged itself directly behind that hangy thing in my throat. Ick Ick Ick. I feel like total shit, there's no other way to describe it.


I guess I should have known something was up. I have been totally carb loading for the past 4 days. Normally I only crave those things like this when I have some major illness coming on. Now I don't care if I eat or not. Just swallowing the saliva that forms in my mouth is painful enough. It's kind of like my body's way of taking care of itself since, historically, I refuse to eat when I'm sick. I have been forcing myself to eat soup at lunch because if I don't eat anything I have a tendency to get lightheaded and pass out. That probably wouldn't be the best thing to happen at work. Yeah, I know, I'm still working, but if I stay home when I'm like this it's at least 100% worse because then I'm all "poor me" and when I'm at work I know I just have to keep on moving.

The other day I did something that I still can't believe I did, but it's for a good purpose. I got my Ugg's wet again, on purpose! I ordered the cleaner & conditioner and protector off the website and got to it on Monday night. It's a total bummer I haven't been able to wear them since Sunday again, but they should be good to go tonight. They do look a lot better, and now they're really really well protected against future water mishaps. I made sure of it by using nearly 1/2 the bottle of protector spray. Hey, can't ever be too cautious!

I think I'm only going to suffer with this sore throat crap for another day before I call the Doc to get some meds. I'm wiped out.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go see the doctor. I had something like this a few years ago and it went on for so long that I thought I would die of starvation. It was not strep but it was the most painful sore throat I ever had. No energy to do anything. They gave me some antibiotics and they really helped. My throat was disgusting with yucky white stuff. I'm sick just thinking about it.

Hopefully that does not happen with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home