It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm Blue

There's this song that used to play on the radio a lot but I don't hear it much anymore. I think the title was "I'm Blue" and it was by Eiffel something. Kind of a catchy song that stuck in your head WAY longer than you ever wanted it to.

Remember the scooter that my boss "won" on auction a year ago at the benefit for our friend? Yeah, he was drunk off his ass and was trying to run the bid up and got stuck. He ended up buying an $800 scooter for $1,300. And then he wanted nothing to do with it, and it ended up being mine. Well, bye bye scooter. (Blue Silver is what my husband called it - it was blue and silver, very original, I know) We sold it and are now $700 richer.

So, we're no longer "blue" when it comes to scooters.

I am, however, feeling kind of blue today. I'm getting better, but before lunch today I think I could have laid down and slept for three days. There are a lot of factors playing in with it I think.

1. I'm tired. Exhausted, actually. I've been working out later in the evening than usual and having a hard time winding down to go to bed at my normal time. So, in the morning I feel like a slug, we're always running late, and I'm either not eating breakfast at all, or like today, eating shit that's full of sugar and crashing a little while later. Case in point, cream filled long john doughnut this morning.

2. I'm sore. I've really amped up my workouts the last few weeks. I've been riding the bike no less than 11 miles. I'm running, at insane inclines, on the treadmill faster harder and longer than usual. My knees hurt, my ankles hurt, my abs hurt. My ass hurts. I hurt in places I didn't know COULD hurt.

3. I'm hungry. Weight Watchers is going well - I'm eating really healthy stuff, lots of lettuce, fresh fruits and vegetables. But I want to eat the things that I know I shouldn't and I want to eat them in amounts that I know I shouldn't. Today I totally blew it with the doughnut, and a Starbucks Vanilla Frapucinno, probably a 1/2 cup of Karo Syrup at lunch and I'm looking at a Whatchamacallit candy bar as we speak. He isn't calling my name, yet.

4. Hubby's been working overtime this week. And you know what happens when he's on overtime. Our entire house is on eggshells because he's such a crab ass. Last night he went into a total tirade because, God forbid, he had to give his daughter a bath. If I pulled that kind of shit over giving her a bath, we'd have one miserable existence.

5. My favorite high school teacher died a week ago. I just heard he was recently diagnosed with cancer and moved to a convalescence home. I had every intention to go visit him, but I was too late, he died before I had the chance. So, Herr Laesch - auf weidersehn, ich liebe diche. (He was my German teacher, and a very close friend of my German grandmother) Herr was the only reason I stayed in German class after my grandma died. And every time I ran into him he'd greet me with his patten "Taag! Wie gates?" and I'd say Hi Herr Laesch, I'm good how are you. And he'd always say "Auf Deutsch! Auf deutsch!" And when I would tell him my "deutsch" was too rusty these days he'd tell me, and he was always right, that I could still speak German - that I just had to try. So, I did, and it always came out just right. He was a wonderful man, a brilliant teacher, an inspiration to many.

6. There was a short little reference to my cousin in the local paper today. Totally caught me off guard and started the day off in a sad way.

On a good note, Eric - the ex-boyfriend, always seems to pop online when I need it the most. He always makes me smile with his off the wall comments, and today's we've been chatting the better part of the day. Thanks, I needed you today.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the teacher sounds like you had a nice bond growing up.

Be careful not to overtrain your body. You can actually make your self really sick from it. Like you have the flu or something.

I believe the group was called Eiffel 65. I remember that song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home