It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Discouraged already

I've been toting around a few extra pounds for a while now. I've been trying to get back to my pre-baby weight, but apparently that isn't meant to be. I have lost about 5 pounds myself, just by hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and running my heart out. But still, I can use some help.

So, after talking with some friends who recently joined Weight Watchers I decided to take the plunge and signed on for a 3 month stint online. No meetings to attend, it's purely on the honor system.

I started on Monday and have been completely honest about everything. My weight. What I've eaten. The amount of exercise I've done.

I'm discouraged though, because the smart people at Weight Watchers have allotted me 19 points per day. Sounds like a lot. But in reality, you pretty much have to eat lettuce all day to stay within your point category. Monday for lunch I made myself a nice lettuce salad with cottage cheese and pickled beets thinking I was helping myself out. Turns out that thousand island dressing is 6.5 points for 2 tablespoons. Who would have thought!

I'm slowing learning what I can and can not eat and the quantities that I can eat them in. It'll take time, and I'm sure it will work, but as I sit here right now, at 1:03 p.m. I'm out of points for the day. I'm not hungry yet, so it's ok for now, but I really do like to eat supper.

Good thing they also assign points for physical activity. I've been pretty close to being able to wipe out my overages so far with my exercising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home