It's My Life....Like it or not

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Postal Nazi's

To start this out I have to say - I live in a small town.

There a about 7,500 people that live here and people from many surrounding small communities that work here. It's not big city living by any stretch of the imagination, but we have fast food joints, several gas stations, Amtrak, multiple manufacturing plants, and more than one stoplight. Hey, doesn't sound like much if you're big city folk, but for us here in the middle of corn field USA, it's a big deal.

My experiences with the Nazi's that work at the post office here are many. And none of them have been real positive. We have one person in particular that works there who is clearly not the Post Master but thinks she should be and acts as if she is. And people wonder why, after reaching the maximum level of tolerance toward these workers, people go off the deep end and walk into the post office with weapons opening fire? I totally understand their angst.

Like the time I sat and watched my mailman but a box of someone else's checks into my mailbox. I saw they weren't ours and tried to grab him before he took off so they could get to the right place. He flat out told me he didn't put them in my mailbox. I saw him do it and he knew I saw him do it. And still, he tells me he didn't and refuses to take them. So I took them to the post office and told them the story. Not my checks, mailman put them in our box, saw him do it, tried to get him to take them back and he wouldn't do it. Instead of thanking me for doing a good deed - they asked me for identification to prove that they didn't belong to me and I was trying to refuse service on them. A box of checks!!! From a bank!!! For someone who lives about 10 blocks away from me!!

Yesterday I had to go and pick up the mail for my parents. Earlier in the week they got a phone call about my dad's 95 year old aunt that things were bad. He's her only living relative so off to Arkansas they went. Since they didn't know how long they would be my mom went to the post office and had their mail held. They do this when they're in Arizona for the winter too. So, like I did every Friday for 6 months, I went to the post office to pick up the held mail. The problem lady is who I ended up with - great. So, she tells me they don't hold mail, that the individual carrier holds the mail, and I'd would need to contact the carrier. I don't know my parents carrier from Adam. And besides that, why should I have to call him at home to get held mail!?!

Bottom line - I did finally get the held mail that, low and behold, was in fact being held at the post office where they don't hold mail. This happened only after I asked to speak to the Post Master.

Take that you Postal Nazi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home