It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This child of mine

If not for the 5 inch long scar on my belly, I'd seriously question that my daughter is, in fact, my daughter. Not entirely, I suppose, because she is a lot like me in some respects (fear of needles) . But the adult version of me and the child version of her are not real similar.

Friday was technically her last day of kindergarten. She had to go back today for a whopping 45 minutes to get her report card and have recess one last time I guess. I got to the school to pick her up and there were literally 100+ kids jumping around with smiles on their faces - relieved that it's summer break. Not my daughter. She was the one standing their bawling her head off. Upset that she can't go to school every day all year long. She loves school. I'm sure the fact that her teacher was wonderful and compassionate had everything to do with that. Thank you so much for that Mrs. C. We needed it this year with all we've been through.

So, all told, she is now entering the 1st grade. She grew and inch and a half and gained 4 pounds during the school year. She missed one day of school and wasn't late one single day. She checked out 63 books from the school library.

I love my little girl like nothing I've ever loved in this entire world. The fact that she's getting bigger, older, smarter, more independent - scares me. No matter what, she'll always be my "Peanut".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home