It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Updates / Family / Insanity

I don't know how, when or why, but I have finally broken the 140 lb. mark consistantly. It's unbelievable. For the past 4 days I've been in the 137 to 138 range. Yea for me!!!

I started eating those oatmeal bar things for breakfast, and drinking more water. Who knows, maybe that's the key. Just as long as the numbers keep going down I'll be happy. Remember, I'm aiming for 125 lbs. at 35 - so the countdown is really on now since my birthday is in April.

I guess we're (and by we I mean my husband) buying a new truck. I'm thrilled if you can't tell. I don't know what's wrong with the truck he has now to be completely honest. He's only had it for just over a year (14 months to be precise) and, ok, so it has nearly 50,000 miles on it and it's a 2002. So what? We still owe an arm and a leg on it so no matter how he sweet talks me into the new new truck I'm still looking at the money end of it and knowing that we're getting screwed.

With a capital S C R E W E D.

It will, though, be the first time in the 10 years we've been together that we've both had vehicles that are still under warranty of any sort. Which I guess has it's benefits.

But then I think, again, about how in 6 YEARS when we finally get this 2006 truck paid off it'll be 2012 and our daughter will be in 6th grade! Ahh.

Welcome to the real world where our monthly payments for vehicles exceeds our monthly mortgage payment including real estate taxes and insurance. I'm serious. By about $150 a month when he buys the new truck. Disgusting.

Anyway, I read a sign the other day in a junk catalog I get. I'm thinking about buying one, dozen, and handing them out to my family. Actually there were two:

"Welcome to the Looney Bin. Where abnormality is the normality at this locality"
(It had a picture of two Loon's sitting on a lake.)
"Welcome to the Nut House. Where the nuts don't fall too far from the tree."
(Which had a picture of a squirrel with a nut in it's hands/paws up to it's mouth)

My personal favorite is the Looney Bin one though. Maybe if I buy in bulk they'll give me a price break. I'll have to look into that, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home