It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Did she or didn't she?

I know you're just chomping at the bit to know if I gave in and camped out. Big shocker - NOT - I did not. I stayed at the pond with the rest of the happy campers until about 9pm and then headed home to the comfort of air conditioning and my nice plush king size bed. Turns out that it was all dad's with their daughters and only 2 dad's and 2 daughter's made it all through the night, the others checked out around 11:30 pm. Baby girl had a good time, and that is ultimately the only thing that matters.

That's about all we did over the long weekend. Sunday ended up being a supper hot day with temps in the high 90's so we spent a lot of time sucking in the a/c. We had family nap day too. We all fell asleep lounging around in the living room for about 2 1/2 hours. Soooo nice.

So now back to the grindstone today. This is a slow day for me at work, not a lot to pass my time. The boss man is in court all day with a messy divorce case so I'm here at the office working on loose ends with other cases and catching up on my filing. I hate filing. I screw myself though and you'd think I've figured that out by now. I hate filing so much that I just form a pile on the chair next to my desk. Then, once a week or less often, I file and it takes about an hour. If I would just do it once a day or as the day progresses it wouldn't consume so much of my time. But, why do now what I can put off until later? Especially when it's filing! I do the same thing with shredding but that's because it never fails that I have to change the bag on the damn machine. What a mess.

I am looking forward to this weekend, we have an adults only party to go to that we always have a great time at. The couple that puts it on hires a local young kid that plays guitar and sings current pop songs. He sounds a lot like John Mayer or Jack Jones but knows a little of everything. He's really good and he's a riot when we get him drunk - starts dropping the F bomb and pounding out really loud heavy metal type songs. Fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home