It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Do you think it's possible....

....to get the DT's due to the lack of IM/email contact from..... a guy?

I don't know, but I think I'm there. It's the resurfaced ex-boyfriend, my "what if" guy. See, we had been talking (IM's really) almost every day for a good strong 2 months. I went on vacation the early part of March, got back and he had sent me several emails wondering if I was still alive. The ruling came back from the Judge about custody of his son in his divorce case - he was trying to get full custody, and didn't. He even went so far as to call my cell phone immediately after he got the fax from his lawyer. Unlucky for him, I was in an airplane on my way back to Illinois from Arizona and didn't yet have voice mail on my cell.

We did talk briefly after that, for about 2 days. I haven't heard from him since. His son is here, in IL in the town where I live. He's a year older than my daughter, so they go to the same school (well, they will, mine starts kindergarten in August). I went to the kindergarten open house and they give you a calendar of all the days in the school year that they don't have school, spring break, etc. Being the nice ex-girlfriend that I am, I scanned it in and emailed it to him so he would know when his kid wasn't in school if he wanted to either come to IL to visit him, or fly the kid to FL. Still no response.

I know he isn't dead, his lawyer was in court yesterday to get him extended summer visitation. I was there when they ruled and he gets his kid next week. I was seriously expecting to here from him today, telling me he was going to be in town to get his son. Nothing.

Here's the thing - I miss talking to him. When we bumped into each other last year we did things a whole lot differently than we did when we were together - we talked. I mean, we REALLY talked - about our lives, our current relationships, our kids, and why we didn't work and how we would now if circumstances were different. (Not to say that the converstation didn't turn to wanting to screw the brains out of the other, but that didn't happen.) I guess I feel like one of my friends has up and deserted me, and I want them to come back and talk to me.

Got that Eric?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home