It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" quite like it

Sod, that is. Lucky Lucky me - I get grass for Mother's Day. Why didn't I ever think of that?!

Well, not EXACTLY what I would have asked for, had I been asked, but it is something that we (gasp) need. The lack of rain last year coupled with the devilish heat and lack of trees in our yard really did a number on our front and side yard. We were going to just till up the worst areas and plant new seed, like most people, but luckily, I guess, Hubby has a friend whose family owns a nursery.

So, instead of digging up PART of the front and side yard, we're digging up the ENTIRE front and side yard and laying sod. Our neighbors are going to think we're loaded or something, which we aren't. We're getting a great deal on the sod, the only thing better than dealer cost is free, and since free ain't happening - I'm happy with dealer cost.

In the long run I'm sure I'll look back and think about how wonderful our new yard looks. But ultimately, it's my Mother's Day gift and I have to wonder ..... what did I do to deserve GRASS of all things!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home