It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, May 15, 2006

I have to vent

Well, the good news (I guess) is that I didn't get grass for Mother's Day. I did get a rather large potted plant. It's nice and all, but I'm not really the potted planted type. I guess that note on the refrigerator with a list of "I want ...." isn't such a bad idea after all.

So, Friday night, before I know it, it's 10:45 and my 5 year old still isn't home, neither is the 37 year old but so what. Finally at 11pm they roll in. I've got my car parked in the garage, hubby pulls his truck into the drive, walks in, and leaves the garage door wide open. I get the kid to bed, get ready for bed myself (hubby is passed out on the sofa at this point) and remember that the garage door may be open, sure enough it was.

We don't live in a high crime area, for god's sake, the last thing the local cops were likely involved in was a speeding ticket or seat belt violation, but that isn't the point. We live in a small town, yes, but times have changed and no one leaves their doors unlocked or keys in their cars anymore. When I was a kid, our house was never locked, now it's like Fort Knox.

I just don't get it. It was almost midnight, we weren't going anywhere anytime soon and he was the last one in the house. Doesn't make sense that in that situation you would close the garage door? This happens ALL THE TIME. It pisses me off to no end, it's common sense and the fact that he lacks it drives me insane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home