It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life isn't always better on the beach

I'm sure you've heard the commercial for South Beach Diet....Life's better on The Beach...I'm here to tell you, sometimes life sucks on "The Beach".

My husband and I did South Beach last year and we each lost a great deal of weight. I got under 130 and he was in the 180's. You know, you get to the size you want to be, you start picking up the same bad habits you had that made you decide to do this in the first place....so, you guessed it, we're back on.

I started last Monday and I have to tell you. I think it's much harder this time around than it was before. Each night before I go to bed I'm starving. That can't be helping. I have lost about 6 pounds but my will power is beginning to get weaker and weaker. I feel like I'm about ready to turn into an egg, or lettuce, since that seems to be all I've eaten for the past 7 days. OK, so I exaggerate, but not much.

I think it's harder because I don't go home for lunch, can't go home for lunch. I work 25 miles away from home so I have to pack a lunch at 7:30 in the morning. You know, it's really hard to decide what to eat for lunch when I can't even decide what I'm going to eat for breakfast. And THAT choice is a no-brainer Egg Beaters or real eggs. Oh, I have a selection of cheeses to add too, really difficult. For lunch I've been getting a salad from Subway with no dressing - hey, that's really tasty! Seriously, I'm at the point where I don't care if I eat lettuce ever again.

But, the weight is coming off. And, regardless of how difficult it is, I'm going to finish out my 2 weeks. I've already come this far, I can't quit now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home