It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame - Part I

Saturday isn't coming fast enough for me. It's been a long time coming but we are FINALLY making our return to a major league ballgame. And I'm so excited!

Saturday morning we're hoping on the Amtrak and riding up to Chicago where we'll catch the Red Line and be at The Friendly Confines...yes siree folks...Wrigley Field, home of the Cubs!

The weather is supposed to be scorching H O T so hopefully the beer will be C O L D ! We're meeting my cousin Jenn and her husband Tony and we might hit Harry Carey's or some other local bars too. The game is at 12:05 so by the time the Amtrak gets in and we hop the L we'll be getting down there just about in time for the game to start.

The totally cool thing is that we've got a friend who has a friend who is a big wig at The Stadium Club and he's getting our names on the list to get in there for a bit. I guess it's the place where the players' wives and any other celebrity attendees hang. So, with a little luck I'll be writing in next week about how we saw and/or talked to somebody awesome.

I've got my camera all ready to go so maybe I'll post some pics too.

In any event, this is what we're hoping to hear at the end of the day on Saturday...

GO CUBS GO!
GO CUBS GO!
HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY? THE CUBS ARE GOING TO WIN TODAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home