It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My poor little Peanut

For about three weeks now my daughter has been going to a Day Camp that our fitness club puts on. It's more expensive than the babysitter she'd had since she was 6 weeks old, but it's about 10 blocks from my house as opposed to 10 miles. And, with gas being $4 a gallon, every little bit helps. We did the math and even though we pay more weekly AND have to pack a lunch every day, we're saving money by not making the drive.

She's absolutely loving it!!! They do arts and crafts, fitness activities, and most importantly of all they swim for no less than 2 hours each and every day - that's her favorite part.

Yesterday the campers held a car wash in the parking lot for an hour and a half. They were in their swimsuits on the blacktop washing cars for and hour and a half. Need I say more? She's F R I E D. And fried is an understatement. Think of a super ripe tomato....THAT is what her back, shoulders and backs of her legs look like. It's so bad she's got little white blisters on her shoulder.

Poor little thing.

We've been slathering aloe gel on like it's going out of style and she's been popping pain relievers like a fiend. Still, no relief.

So, I'm calling the doctors office to see if they have any suggestions of what we can do. There has to be something that can offer more relief.

In the mean time, I've made my displeasure known to the staff at the camp. There is absolutely no reason this should have happened. And if it happened to my kid, how many others did it happen to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home