It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

If things aren't going wrong my life isn't right

I really don't know what I did or who I pissed off, but the Karma God's have not been helping me out any lately. It seems that for the past 6 days anything that could possibly go wrong - has.

Thursday
I went to get gas in my car before I was set to leave on a trip Friday morning and my car was making a strange noise. Turns out it was my brakes. They're shot. As in my car can't be driven on my trip I'm leaving for Friday morning. So at 8pm, when I'm supposed to leave town no later than 7am Friday morning, I'm begging my parents to let me borrow a car for a couple days to get me to St. Louis and back. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed until nearly midnight.

Friday
Up at 5am to be leaving town no later than 7am. The drive to St. Louis takes 4 hours and I have to be there for an award ceremony that starts at noon. The drive was mostly uneventful and I made it in record time (3 hours 20 minutes). Arrived at the hotel to find their parking garage was at capacity and had to park in a parking garage 6 blocks away. Got checked into my room and the place was boiling hot. I flagged down a hotel employee to see about turning the air on and was told that the room I was in was under construction and wasn't to be used. He sent me back down to the lobby to get a different room, which was a lot better, but I had literally 5 minutes to get changed and get to the ceremony. It was a long day that didn't end until I got back to my hotel room around 1am. Yep, 5 hours sleep.

Saturday
Up at 7:00am into the shower and out of the hotel before 8am and back on the road home. Home right around Noon. I took a short nap before getting ready to head to Peoria for the Peoria Chiefs game. Husband lost his cell phone somewhere between home and home, most likely somewhere in Peoria. I had to drive home because he was an idiot and drank too much. Not home until 11:30pm. Yep, 6 hours sleep.

Sunday, finally a day I can relax. With no car I did mostly nothing.

Monday
At work at 8:30am, stressful day as it was and I didn't get out of the office until after 6pm (my hours are 8:30-5:00) from spending 3 hours on the phone with tech support for one of our computer programs and then, when I was 6 miles from my exit, I came to a complete stand still on the interstate. Apparently there was an accident earlier in the day and they were still cleaning up. I was able to juke around and use an emergency vehicle turn around to head back the other direction and take a different route home but didn't make it home until after 7:00pm.

Today
The brakes on my car are fixed, I guess. They were replaced by my husband and one of his buddies whose family owned a Chevy garage. Problem is, my car is a Nissan. So now there is a strange noise and when I apply the brakes they're "grabby". I'm getting 4 new tires on my car on Wednesday and the mechanic is supposed to look at things then and see if the rotors are bad.

I'm hoping the rest of the day will be uneventful. But I've got so much work to do that it's insane. I'm trying my hardest to get everything done so I can take off tomorrow to go to a water park with my family but I'm catching up from Friday when I was gone, three hours of work that didn't get done yesterday when I was on the phone and everything for today and tomorrow. How many people successfully do 5 days worth of work in 8 hours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home