It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Somedays

You know how you have days where you wonder why in the hell you did something? That's been my day for about the past three days.

Over the weekend my husband got whacked in the mouth with a stray softball when he was practicing for the adult league he's on. His lip swelled up like you wouldn't believe. I wasn't even with him when this happened, but somehow it's my fault. Like I mentally willed the guy throwing the ball to whack my husband in the face from miles and miles away.

If I haven't already indicated, my husband is worse than the moodiest of all women. There are days where it's all I can do to be in the same house as him, believe me - these are the days when I wonder why no one warned me about him and his mood swings BEFORE we got married!

Then, as if dealing with that crap isn't enough - my boss snaps at me for something that is clearly not my problem. Part of the reason he hired me is because I'm assertive, I don't think he expected me to be assertive to HIM but when he gets in my face like that I dish it right back at him. You know, I can't do it all! My mind reading skills haven't quite developed yet and if I don't know of something I can't do it. It's about time I tell him he can make his own damn travel arrangements. I'm a legal secretary for god's sake, not a travel agent. If I wanted to spend half my day booking reservations I'd (a) work at a hotel, or (b) work at a travel agency.

AGHHHHHH! I need a drink of something a little stronger than my ice tea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home