It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, April 09, 2010

Just me again...stopping in to bring things up to date.

So, it seems the winter weather has finally decided to stay out of Illinois - which is nice since it's April. It's been typical Illinois though since the first of the month; Hot and humid in the 80's to chance of snow and highs in the 30's - all in the course of one week! Isn't that fun!?! Makes for a very grumbling me, I know that for sure. This is the time of the year when my not so seasonal seasonal allergies kick into full gear.

I'm still pretty bummed out that my daughter and I didn't get to make what is supposed to be our annual trip to visit the 'rents in Arizona. The airfare was just insanely high and I couldn't validate spending $500-$600 for the two of us to get away for less than a week. Granted, we wouldn't have to rent a car or pay for a hotel so the other expenses would have been minimal, that's still a lot of moolah for a short trip. Last year our round trip tickets were just over $200. Yeah, hard to swallow $500-$600 after that.

The family drama seems to have died down, which is a little comical to me after everything we've all been through. I think that after Aunt Jill died and Uncle Dave started his "new" life some eyes were opened and things finally seen from a different perspective. She died the end of November and by mid-December he was hand in hand with his new lady friend making up for the last four years of his life that he'd lost (his words). What a dick. Karma can sure be a bitch and I'm hoping in his case she's a bitch with a vengence. Terrible to say, I know, but after she suffered for so long dying a slow and painful death and having to deal with his bullshit on a daily basis I hope he goes the same way.

My little girl is almost done with the third grade. It doesn't seem possible. It sure is nice having a 9 year old who is (mostly) self sufficient though. She's starting to get more and more sassy with me, and we have our days believe me, but at the end of the day she still calls me Mommy, still gives me a kiss every morning in the drop off line at school, and still walks up and gives me random hugs just because she loves me. I can't imagine what I ever did before her, and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home