It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday

Yeah....it's Friday! Weather isn't too shabby either, a little cool but I'll take this over snow and frigid temperatures any day of the week.

The only bad thing about today is the fricking pollen. I have got the world's largest elephant sitting smack dab in the middle of my face, at least it feels like it. As if I don't already take enough allergy medication, at lunch I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart to get something for this headache. What a nightmare! This new meth law in Illinois makes you feel like a criminal for wanting some relief from what ails you. In order to get a 10 pill package of Aleve Sinus & Headache I had to find the card for it on the shelf where it used to be. Then I have to stand in line with all the other pleasant people that dread the Wal-Mart pharmacy to hand the card to the lady behind the register. She needs my drivers license, which she enters something off of into the computer and waits to see if it's going to let me have my Aleve. Ding Ding, my lucky day - the computer determined I'm not running a meth lab. What a joke. As if any of this is going to prevent a true meth lab operator from cruising around town and getting their 2 packages at every pharmacy, grocery store or convenience store in town.

The other good thing about today is that I get to take off work an hour early today. I'm not telling my family though, this gives me an hour of time to myself to run all the errands I usually try, unsuccessfully, to get done at lunch. The other lawyer in the office (my lawyer is gone for the afternoon in court in another county) is letting us leave but get paid since it's secretary's week. Hooray! Not that it makes me feel any more appreciated, it's just an hour.

Guess what? I'm finally in the 21st century with my cell phone. My birthday was Monday and I decided to buy myself voice mail on my cell. It's like $5 a month. I'm so excited. My husband thinks it's a waste of money for me since I only talk on my phone for about 30 minutes each month. Pretty much the only people that call me are my family, my boss and an ex-boyfriend that resurfaced after nearly 10 years. I'll get into that one on another post - it's complicated.

So - HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home