It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Kinda always knew I'd end up his ex-girlfriend

The story of the ex-boyfriend that has resurfaced after 10 years. Complicated? Yes. A problem? No.

So, back in the mid 90's when I was much younger and much less wiser, I started a relationship with a guy who, like me, was in the process of a divorce. We were both too young to have been married back then. I kicked out the worthless man who claimed to have been my husband, and the boyfriend was put out by his wife. We worked together, actually I worked for his dad, so it just kind of happened that we got together. He needed a place to stay, and I needed a man.

We were together for less than a year. Everything fell apart shortly after both divorces were finalized. We should have known better than to jump right into another relationship but for a while it worked, really well. He fell off the face of the earth at some point in time and I hadn't seen and/or heard from him in about 10 years.

Fast forward to 2005. One day I'm going about my business for work and hear someone call out my name. Who should it be but Mr. Ex Boyfriend. So, we exchange email addresses and end up instant messengering each other back and forth. I live in Illinois, he doesn't, which is a good thing.

Nothing has happened. Nothing will happen. I love my husband and I'm not going to ruin what I've had for the past 10 years on a guy that is getting another divorce and has been in a relationship for 2 years. I'm glad I got to see him, if he's in town again I'll probably see him again IN A PUBLIC LOCATION.

You know how you have those certain relationships that you think, this could be "the one". Yeah, he was that. Seeing him and talking to him brings back all sorts of memories from the past - the good, the bad and the ugly. I've had some really strange dreams involving him lately and I always end up waking up right before we end up alone. I'm sure that means something, I just don't have a clue what. Anyway, I've determined that even if things were different, it wouldn't work. He's a player and I'm a one man kind of girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home