It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's scary, really

Wow. I just had to do a search on the web for some information for work. I've been doing research on DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services).

On the Illinois DCFS website you can access a list of how many reports were made in the year 2005 by zip code. Out of curiosity I checked it out. There isn't a single zip code in the state of Illinois that hasn't had at least 1 report. That's phenomenal. I mean, around me there are literally towns that are so small they shouldn't even have a zip code. My city alone, 140 reports.

This information is scary. I know, for a fact, that some of the reports are trumped up bogus crap. I work for a lawyer, we deal with this stuff on a regular basis. Messy divorce, custody fight, unmarried couples that split. Happens all the time. Still, it's scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home